Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Part 1 California

Logan was not afraid of the water one bit. He kept wanting to go farther out into the ocean. When he did go under a wave, he would come up saying, "Salty! Let's do that again."



Mark with the kids.



Enjoying ice cream.


Some of the Hutchinsons.



It was fun watching my friend's kids playing with our kids.



We had our grandma over for dinner one night.

Anjalee
Mark and me.
Below are two of my cousins Dave and Melissa.
We spent the first few days of our trip in California visiting my brother Mark. We were able to meet his girlfriend Courtney, who is a sweetheart, and her daughter Kyri and my newest niece Anjalee. I am so proud of Mark because he has come so far in the past few years. He is a great dad to Kyri and their newest daughter. It was neat to watch him with the girls and how he cared for them.
It was really nice visiting with my grandma and some of my aunts/uncles and cousins. I miss them all dearly and wish we all lived a little closer. My cousin Donna's little girl was so cute. She ran up to all of us the moment we got out of the car and gave us each a huge hug. I am glad I got to see so many of my relatives and hope it won't be so long till the next time.
We also got to spend a couple days at the beach. We went to Avila Beach on Monday with Mark, Courtney and their girls. We enjoyed sometime on the beach and then all got ice cream. We finished walking along the Pier. The water was super warm that day and it was great being back in the ocean.
Lastly, we were able to visit with some of the Hutchinson family. Their oldest daughter  Jenny has been my dear friend for the past 22 years and we both happened to be in California at the same time. It was great visiting with her sister, mom, and dad. They are my adopted family. I spent a ton of time at there house, it was my home when things weren't great at my house.  I will forever love them. We also spent a day at Cayucos Beach it was colder but still tons of fun. 

The saddest part about my visit was that I didn't get to visit with my oldest brother, 12 years is to long. I hope we can visit the next time I'm out that way.

No comments: